About Me

My photo
Wife to an amazing husband, Mommy to three adorable littles, all under the age of three! I survive my days as a SAHM with decorating, coffee, organizing, playing with the family, baking, crafting, having playdates, and working towards a closer relationship with God. I have a big heart for foster care/adoption! I am an imperfect perfectionist who strives daily to improve my role as wife, mother and child of God.
Chalk on the Walls. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

(Lack of) Sleep Study

**Disclaimer:  Mariah is a really beautiful girl, she just loves nothing more than making goofy faces in photos;)

Mariah had a sleep study done last night to check for apnea.  We were to be there at 7:30pm and she got to get hooked up to monitors via 28 wires.  She was such a trooper and just kept laughing that she was a robot.

It took her a few minutes to fall asleep, so we counted our blessings back and forth and she finally finished counting herself to sleep around 9ish.  I thought we were in for a nice long night of sleep.  Not so much!  Around 1am, some of her monitors came loose.  So, the tech came in, after abruptly opening the door, and fixed them.
This proceeded to happen 6 more times.  Mariah NEVER went back to sleep.  I did, until she asked me what I was doing...uhhh...sleeping! Worst. night. ever.






Finally at 5am, the tech said that we could go home because she was very wide awake (according to brain activity??). So, we drove back home at 5:30am, washed the nastiest waxy gunk out of her hair and finally went to bed at 6am!  Whew!  Really hoping they were able to gather enough info during the study.  I think I had better nights of sleep when my kids were newborns!  Wowzers!  I will say, I was very proud of her for not crying, getting frustrated, or fighting getting the wires on!  The fact that she even went to sleep in the first place was amazing!

1 comment:

  1. What a girl! My fav pic is still the one you texted me! Still praying for helpful results.

    ReplyDelete