About Me

My photo
Wife to an amazing husband, Mommy to three adorable littles, all under the age of three! I survive my days as a SAHM with decorating, coffee, organizing, playing with the family, baking, crafting, having playdates, and working towards a closer relationship with God. I have a big heart for foster care/adoption! I am an imperfect perfectionist who strives daily to improve my role as wife, mother and child of God.
Chalk on the Walls. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

At the end of the day

I have to say, this stage has been my least favorite so far.  Having two three year olds and a new five year old has been emotionally exhausting!  Power struggles, battle of the wills, you get the picture! The sibling rivalry has just begun, and it's not cute! We try to keep them friendly with each other, but that only lasts a bit!  The picture at the piano is adorable!  One of my favorites! What you don't see is 3 seconds after taking this picture they all start hitting each other:)  The picture at the bottom with them all playing nicely together is so sweet, too, until 10 seconds later when they start yelling at each other and one boy tells his sister to bite her little brother and hit him on the head, which thankfully she didn't do!  Whew!  I say all this to say that we have some really yucky moments every day.  Ones that make me want to hide in my closet (or pantry;)) or stay in bed and not get up!  But, truly, at the end of the day, I feel blessed!  At the end of the day, I try to remember these sweet moments that make them young, vulnerable and precious!  The pictures are the memories I hope to cling to, because life is messy, but these babies of mine are perfectly imperfect little blessings!  
They definitely have an imperfect momma, who could use a whole lotta grace!











2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you're blogging! I love all your sweet kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! :) I keep thinking that I'm ready for the next stage so that the whining, not listening, etc will go away. But I've heard it sticks around for quite awhile... and then I get sad that my girls are growing up quicker than I want anyways!!

    ReplyDelete