About Me

My photo
Wife to an amazing husband, Mommy to three adorable littles, all under the age of three! I survive my days as a SAHM with decorating, coffee, organizing, playing with the family, baking, crafting, having playdates, and working towards a closer relationship with God. I have a big heart for foster care/adoption! I am an imperfect perfectionist who strives daily to improve my role as wife, mother and child of God.
Chalk on the Walls. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Chalk Paint

This past year I have discovered the awesome-ness of Chalk Paint!!  It is so easy to work with! I have been a huge advocate of chalk paint, especially the homemade version from I Heart Naptime:


I have even gone so far as to educate strangers at Home Depot on how fabulous it is!  I love this because it's great for Type A mommas who don't want their furniture ruined! The more distressed the better!  Kids are really good at that!

BEFORE-kids table

AFTER

 Piano BEFORE
 Piano AFTER

Coffee Table BEFORE

Coffee Table After



The BEST wax is Van's.  You can find it on Amazon.  It goes on so smooth, smells great, and seals the pieces nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring! I need to do this, can't believe I haven't yet. Where did you get your plaster of paris? I asked about it at Lowes & they had no idea what I was talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sell it at Hobby Lobby. It's cheap and makes lots of chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete